state of perl5 + PSC actions

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
October 3, 2021 20:11
Subject:
state of perl5 + PSC actions
Message ID:
7e404f22-1bbe-4416-9864-0a3832b9de6f@beta.fastmail.com
Porters,

I wanted to provide a run-through of where I think we're at right now with a number of things that have been proposed or discussed.  The contentious change freeze is set for January 1, 2021.  I'll also be posting a summary of status of various ongoing experiments, soon.
 * *use v5.36 means ASCII only**:* seems generally accepted, no code yet
 * *make postderef_qq default-on:* we have a plan, no code yet
 * *rationalizing use vX-with-no-strict: *we have a plan, no code yet
 * *foreach (VARS) (LIST):* implemented, waiting to merge?
 * *deprecate defined/exists on array elements:*  contentious
With a few of the above, the ship we're in is "we seem to have agreed to do something, but no one has stepped forward to say they'd do it.  While the "we have a plan and no code" items are things I am personally in favor of, you may recall that I basically don't write C code, and so you can't count on me, here.

Who, if anybody, would like to take on any of these?

--
rjbs