README for GitHub

From:
Elvin Aslanov
Date:
October 1, 2021 12:12
Subject:
README for GitHub
Message ID:
CAJ4KP=0BXZbXnRzJy-kRsT9J7kkXbp53sB6hJPdqiLkMCb7REg@mail.gmail.com
Hi Porters,

I've opened a pull request to merge the markdown README.md file
putting (concealing) it in the GitHub-specific .github directory
to override (and not delete) the original plain-text README file.

It is based on the README file with formatting and linking which provides
greater readability for repository visitors.

The PR is in:
https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/19099

I'd like to request you to review it so that it can be merged faster.

Thanks.