Re: NetWare/ has been broken since 2009 - it should go

From:
Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Date:
September 29, 2021 13:15
Re: NetWare/ has been broken since 2009 - it should go
Message ID:
87ee97ttdq.fsf@wibble.ilmari.org
Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari@ilmari.org> writes:

> Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> writes:
>
>> The port in NetWare/ has been broken since 2009 and no-one has noticed.
>
> I created a smoke-me branch for removing it a bit over a year go, but
> got distracted from actually merging it.  I'll rebase and create a PR
> for it.

Done: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/19159

I also have commits removing DOS/DJGPP, AT&T UWIN and OS/2 support that
were on top of that.  The first two are definitely dead, but there
appear to be two still (somewhat) active OS/2 forks
(http://ecomstation.com/ and https://www.arcanoae.com/arcaos/).

There exist perl packages for them, but the latest versions I can find
evidence of are 5.14 (https://os2ports.smedley.id.au/?page_id=180) and
5.16 (https://github.com/komh/perl-os2/tree/5.16.0-os2).

- ilmari