make distclean and git clean -xdf disagree (makedepend_file)

From:
wolfsage
Date:
September 20, 2021 20:19
Subject:
make distclean and git clean -xdf disagree (makedepend_file)
Message ID:
CAJ0K8bg+Gj5LmENO+uWi=s107DdcqUXQYyt6pij=_Xab3dV9vw@mail.gmail.com
Howdy folks,

The release managers guide has this:

  $ make distclean       # make sure distclean works
  $ git clean -xdf           # make sure perl and git agree on files
                                    # git clean should not output anything!

Sadly this outputs 'makedepend_file'.

I wasn't sure of where to fix this, though I'm guessing Makefile.SH.

Any takers?

Thanks,

-- Matthew Horsfall (alh)