Re: Pre-RFC: Rename SVf_UTF8 et al.

From:
Yuki Kimoto
Date:
September 17, 2021 01:10
Re: Pre-RFC: Rename SVf_UTF8 et al.
Message ID:
CAExogxMWsuW-p074jdpnp2MwXOrkepQNY-1RjMwnb7j1xpoEjQ@mail.gmail.com
2021-9-16 5:02 Felipe Gasper <felipe@felipegasper.com> wrote:

> 1) More accurate: “wide” encoding allows things that UTF-8 proper forbids,
> so calling it “UTF8” isn’t quite right.

Now I am learning UTF-8 and UNICODE for good ideas.

Can you hear about my categorization of UTF-8?

A. Text - Text means perl text expression

1. Loose UTF-8

  This is not valid UTF-8

  This contains

    3-byte surrogate

    4-byte super characters(over U+10FFFF)

  This don't contains

    latin-1 code

2. Valid UTF-8

  This is valid UTF-8

    this doesn't contain

      3-byte surrogate

      4-byte super characters(over U+10FFFF)

3. Valid Minimal UTF-8 (this is for secure)

  This is valid and minimal UTF-8(Normalized with the minimum number of
bytes)

  ば is ば (ば doesn't は + ")

B. Bytes

Any bytes.