Re: Missing sv_numeq() function?

From:
hv
Date:
September 14, 2021 20:11
Re: Missing sv_numeq() function?
Message ID:
202109141924.18EJObP26299@crypt.org
"Paul \"LeoNerd\" Evans" <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> wrote:
:On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:04:35 +0100
:hv@crypt.org wrote:
:
:> Right, it is not honouring overloaded '==', instead taking the
:> overloaded numify of both sides.
:>
:> A quick look suggests to me that sv_eq_flags is similarly not looking
:> for overloaded 'eq'.
:
:Indeed they do not obey overload currently. Hence my entire followup
:reply.
:
:Perhaps they should by default, and take a flag to ask them not to?

Yes, sorry if I was unclear: I was trying to clarify for sisyphus the
behaviour he was seeing.

It does occur to me though that since it _is_ honouring the numify
overload, the story is somewhat muddied.

Hugo