Re: Pre-RFC: "builtins" namespace

From:
Yuki Kimoto
Date:
September 13, 2021 03:45
Re: Pre-RFC: "builtins" namespace
Message ID:
CAExogxPzHhY2wF4Sf+EvMLCZ+g7EbaqO55W_UosgBOwcRU2e5g@mail.gmail.com
2021-9-11 3:47 Paul "LeoNerd" Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> wrote:

> To that end I am looking for answers to such questions as:
>

>   * What should it be called? Votes on:
>
>       use functions 'abc', 'xyz', ...;
>       use function ...;                 # because  function::abc reads
>                                           nicer
>
>       use builtins ...
>       use builtin ...
>
>       use std ...

I'm not interested in the name itself.

There are some things to consider.

- short name because these are frequently called functions(My hope is
within 3 characters).
- at least two characters because 1 character name cause bugs (for example,
priority with -f)
- easy to understand

I can accept the vote of the core team about the name of the builtin
namespace.