Re: Robin Hood Hashing for the perl core

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
September 10, 2021 09:48
Re: Robin Hood Hashing for the perl core
Message ID:
YTspxOc3gL3LiZiZ@iabyn.com
On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 08:50:42AM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Lots more CPU instructions.
> More CPU cache references, but far fewer last level read misses.

I'd be interested in seeing the changes in number of branches and numbers
of failed branch predictions.  My unquantified intuition is that that is
one of the most important performance factors in modern CPUs.

--
Monto Blanco... scorchio!