Re: Pre-RFC: Configure option for whether to include taint support

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
September 9, 2021 11:12
Re: Pre-RFC: Configure option for whether to include taint support
Message ID:
ce9a2825-8d52-48d2-8146-c30c2cfbdd51@Spark
The key driver for adding a Configure option to control taint support is that we think this brings a performance improvement, but we’re not sure exactly what that improvement will be.

To that end, we asked Steffen Schwigon if he’d be interested in helping out, by benchmarking perl with and without taint support, to give us a better feeling on the improvement. Steffen has run various benchmarks on perl over the years, to see whether new releases perform against older ones.

Steffen will outline his plans, giving people a chance to ask questions and suggest things. Please be realistic on your suggestions  ;-)

Neil