clobbered C stuff WAS Re: defined $a, where $a is actually a HASH

From:
Felipe Gasper
Date:
September 8, 2021 12:47
Subject:
clobbered C stuff WAS Re: defined $a, where $a is actually a HASH
Message ID:
1A26F062-8264-4E2B-A956-B8F354518A52@felipegasper.com

> On Sep 8, 2021, at 8:16 AM, Paul LeoNerd Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 8 Sep 2021 09:56:47 +0000
> Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
>
>> +#ifdef DEBUGGING
>> +    assert(SvTYPE(sv) != SVt_PVAV);
>> +    assert(SvTYPE(sv) != SVt_PVHV);
>> +#endif
>
> (as per IRC): Pretty sure you don't need to #ifdef that, because
> assert() does nothing on non-DEBUGGING builds anyway.

Is there a list somewhere of standard C interfaces that Perl’s API clobbers?

This one in particular caught me off-guard sometime back.

-FG