Re: removing the old-style package separator

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
September 3, 2021 15:35
Re: removing the old-style package separator
Message ID:
72d23c97-da4e-43b1-9938-7a560db90d94@beta.fastmail.com
On Mon, Aug 30, 2021, at 6:31 AM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 11:08:40PM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> > The following two expressions are equivalent:
> > $x::y::z
> >
> > $x'y'z
>
> Are we talking about just removing the parsing of "'" in package names in
> source code, or more generally the run-time processing of package names,

As Paul said, the *primary* motivation was confusion possible in string interpolation, but I think we're better off removing it everywhere, rather than producing more special cases.

--
rjbs