Currently outstanding PRs relating to RFCs

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
August 24, 2021 18:51
Subject:
Currently outstanding PRs relating to RFCs
Message ID:
20210824195118.5ee40f3c@shy.leonerd.org.uk
Folks: I have a few outstanding PRs on perl5 at the moment. I'm quite
keen to keep these moving:

  * Stable tracking of "boolean intent" across SVs
    https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/19040

    This is done and ready; I'm just waiting for a bit more "Yes" from
    a few more people, given how large and sweeping a change it
    actually is.

  * Create defer syntax and OP_PUSHDEFER opcode (RFC 0004)
    https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/19019

    This hasn't had any review from basically anyone so far.

It seems like both of these are stuck in a "catch-22" situation,
because they are both PRs that implement a design that's in the middle
of the RFC process, but the RFC process is stalled on each of them
awaiting ... well actually I'm not sure what.

The RFC process was supposed to largely exist to fix the
endless-arguing about yes-or-no on feature PRs, but there is no arguing
on these. There's no real discussion at all. I don't think either
should be held up *just* waiting on the RFCs. If RFCs for them didn't
exist, I'm sure they would have been reviewed and merged by now.

How do we unstick these?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans