Re: removing the old-style package separator

From:
Arne Johannessen
Date:
Re: removing the old-style package separator
Message ID:
38B0C659-835D-4F31-A3A3-EFA318946B8C@thaw.de
H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 18:05:03 +0900, Yuki Kimoto <kimoto.yuki@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> In my experience, the library jcode.pl seems to use ’ as package
>> separator.
>
> And what is the target version of perl in that script? What package
> does it belong to? When was its latest update? Is it likely that that
> script will be updated to use recent perl (if it does not already)?

Jacode is on CPAN and requires Perl v5.5.30:
<https://metacpan.org/dist/Jacode/view/lib/jacode.pl>

I'd be more concerned about Test::More::isn't(), which seems to be one of the very few cases (perhaps the only one?) in which users would intentionally use the old-style separator in new Perl 5 code. But I expect the usual deprecation period will enable basically everyone to handle these cases fine.

+1 on considering this a tiny win.

--
Arne Johannessen