Re: removing the old-style package separator

From:
Yuki Kimoto
Date:
Re: removing the old-style package separator
Message ID:
CAExogxO6pJMbN7Otzk6nK0cvwg4hD0cNVnuXsJgFigtYBRAsFw@mail.gmail.com
2021-8-17 15:58 H.Merijn Brand <perl5@tux.freedom.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:46:24 +0900, Yuki Kimoto <kimoto.yuki@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > 2021-8-17 14:48 Dan Book <grinnz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Although I personally agree with this proposal, Is it possible to
> > tell me about the Perl version ' is added and the Perl version :: is
> > added for me to imagine the impact of removal?
>
> The ' is from perl1 .. perl4 and was never removed in perl5
>
> The :: notation was new in perl5 (from the beginning)
>
> --
> H.Merijn Brand  https://tux.nl   Perl Monger   http://amsterdam.pm.org/
> using perl5.00307 .. 5.33        porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and Linux
> https://tux.nl/email.html http://qa.perl.org https://www.test-smoke.org

Thank you.

It seems that we need to send a wide message to users who are running perl
4 as it is.

In my experience, the library jcode.pl seems to use ’ as package separator.