Re: removing the old-style package separator

From:
Yuki Kimoto
Date:
Re: removing the old-style package separator
Message ID:
CAExogxNLBUjx2xJk1zJqHhpBYnr11UjMADbwAbyd7dnNChsi3w@mail.gmail.com
2021-8-17 14:48 Dan Book <grinnz@gmail.com> wrote:

> This proposal is for deprecation and removal, which would not be lexical
> as the parser would subsequently not support it at all.
>
> The alternative proposal of only disabling it within string interpolation
> could be a lexical feature. I don't think it's worth the complexity in
> either implementation or explaining why it works differently there, when
> the only uses of the feature are for jokes.
>
> -Dan

Although I personally agree with this proposal, Is it possible to tell me
about the Perl version ' is added and the Perl version :: is added for me
to imagine the impact of removal?