Re: "use v5.36.0" should imply ASCII source

From:
Yuki Kimoto
Date:
Re: "use v5.36.0" should imply ASCII source
Message ID:
CAExogxPcN3GmVuqcE=mWGP_JzJ_oT3MzujDgwhOeHw4MjacSCA@mail.gmail.com
2021-8-7 0:23 Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:

> I'm not *sure* this is an improvement, but I think it is.  This prevents
> the "I forgot to add utf8 and so only discovered after runtime that I have
> doubly-encoded my output" bug.

Is it okay that our consensus is to write Perl source code using UTF-8 in
the future?

This first step prevent unpredictable latin-1 bugs

- "use feature 'source_encoding';" must be only ASCII (ASCII is a small set
of UTF-8).
- "use feature 'source_encoding'; use utf8;" must be UTF-8.