Re: Twigils

From:
Darren Duncan
Date:
Re: Twigils
Message ID:
6d719a6d-e068-a0af-c118-e8d202219e1a@darrenduncan.net
Having given this further thought, I concede that at the moment its hard to
think of good examples where both of the following are true at the same time for
a given class Foo:

1. A method of Foo wants to access a slot S for any other object of the Foo
class besides the $self object.

2. Slot S doesn't have any :reader or :writer or other custom public accessor
method because it isn't okay for non-Foo classes to see it.

Therefore with respect to the MVP of Corinna I withdraw my objection for the
direct access mechanism to slots of Foo being only available for the $self object.

For the MVP I consider it a reasonable compromise to have to declare a public
:reader etc method for situations where a method needs to access slots of $other
in addition to $self.

-- Darren Duncan