Re: Pre-RFC: Configure option for whether to include taint support

From:
Tomasz Konojacki
Date:
Re: Pre-RFC: Configure option for whether to include taint support
Message ID:
20210813011321.C349.5C4F47F8@xenu.pl
On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 00:27:47 +0200
Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using -DNO_TAINT_SUPPORT as Steffen mentioned you can already build such a
> perl. All we really need to do is add a Configure option so that it can
> easily be disabled and so that code (especially tests) can keep it into
> account.
>
> One open question is if SILENT_NO_TAINT_SUPPORT should be enabled along
> with it. I would argue it should, without it many tests will refuse to even
> start running.

SILENT_NO_TAINT_SUPPORT is much better, there's way too much code with
-T in the wild.

Anyway, I really wish we completely removed that misfeature, but if we
can't, adding it as an option to Configure is the next best thing.