Twigils

From:
Ovid via perl5-porters
Date:
August 12, 2021 11:25
Subject:
Twigils
Message ID:
1710107093.1084383.1628767483101@mail.yahoo.com
'cuz we know y'all love a debate ...
We're working on the Corinna RFC and it won't be sent soon, but due to Corinna's design, we have a subtle issue that isn't shared by most other OO languages. In short, lexical variables (declared in a method or in a signature) can hide the instance variables. Twigils is one way of solving that issue.
I've described it in more detail here: https://github.com/Ovid/Cor/issues/29

We have not made a decision, but we'd like to know if P5P would consider this acceptable or not. We know that for many people, twigils can be a hot-button issue.
Best,Ovid-- IT consulting, training, specializing in Perl, databases, and agile developmenthttp://www.allaroundtheworld.fr/.
Buy my book! - http://bit.ly/beginning_perl