Re: Is there a way to turn on extra debugging in perl

From:
L. Walsh
Date:
Re: Is there a way to turn on extra debugging in perl
Message ID:
6111C6DB.6080901@tlinx.org
On 2021/08/09 16:25, Dan Book wrote:

> Correct, the only way to affect out of memory errors is by recompiling
> Perl with specific options (to reserve a buffer for out-of-memory use)
> and then using https://perldoc.perl.org/variables/$%5EM.
---
%5EM?...new one on me.
> Another option is to use something
> like https://metacpan.org/pod/Devel::Trace as a hammer to log
> everything that happens up until you run out of memory.
>
> -Dan
----
Wouldn't that be likely to affect the outcome?  Though rt now, I'm seeing
a wide variance in fail times (with system memory barely scratched).

Just now, I started a D/l of all the sources in my distro -- failed after
<100 packages.  Restarted, and it completed 44000 packages.  such randomness
makes for more likely Heisenbugs...  Thanks for the ptrs,