Re: like experimental.pm, but for successful experiments

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
Re: like experimental.pm, but for successful experiments
Message ID:
20210809115446.555baddc@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 08:55:02 +0100
Neil Bowers <neilb@neilb.org> wrote:

> One advantage of "feature -stable" would be that people aren’t seeing
> the word "experimental" at the top of the code, which I think is part
> of what you’re trying to achieve / communicate?

We discussed that as a possible idea. It would mean dual-life shipping
feature.pm, so that older perls can install a newer feature.pm file from
CPAN that quiets warnings about stablised experiments. This would mean
generating it at build time in some sort of way that can apply to older
perls as well. It would take a bit of engineering effort to make it
work, but likely something could be achieved.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans