Re: like experimental.pm, but for successful experiments

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
Re: like experimental.pm, but for successful experiments
Message ID:
9b95ed9b-0881-4e98-a76a-b31b16344794@Spark
I like this idea, but I think futuristic is a misnomer, and might cause confusion, because at some point people will see it together with a feature which was added "years ago".

It’s essentially "use feature if final", or maybe "stable experiment".

So alternate names:

    use stable qw/ postderef postderef_qq /;
    use experimental -stable qw/ postderef postderef_qq /;
    use feature -stable qw/ postderef postderef_qq /;

I think it’s already potentially confusing that there are two different pragma for using "new features" – feature and experimental – so I think we should try to avoid adding a third. Better if we can make it part of one of the existing pragmata.

One advantage of "feature -stable" would be that people aren’t seeing the word "experimental" at the top of the code, which I think is part of what you’re trying to achieve / communicate?

Neil