Re: "use v5.36.0" should imply ASCII source

From:
Darren Duncan
Date:
Re: "use v5.36.0" should imply ASCII source
Message ID:
b7627cd3-b7b4-9596-58de-4c4c56028a4b@darrenduncan.net
On 2021-08-07 2:52 p.m., Dan Book wrote:
> It's not a matter of support. It just doesn't matter to the perl interpreter
> what the encoding of POD is, and vice versa.

That's fair and reasonable.  But my question is broader than Perl code vs POD.

Is it reasonable to support either of these next 2 scenarios?

1.  A file contains only Perl code and no POD, and one subset of that file has a
different character encoding than a different subset.

2.  A file contains only POD and no Perl code, and one subset of that file has a
different character encoding than a different subset.

-- Darren Duncan