Re: Pre-RFC: Real "boolean" SV type

From:
Yuki Kimoto
Date:
Re: Pre-RFC: Real "boolean" SV type
Message ID:
CAExogxMFxL38eq8qL_gcNfS8s4mSaCmMDNcn4WLLtTK_TWtXfA@mail.gmail.com
2021-8-5 19:58 Paul "LeoNerd" Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> wrote:

> But now we're getting into the weeds of implementation. I think my
> original discussion has demonstrated that people do feel a need for
> this ability - so I'll write the RFC and we can worry about the "how"
> later

 I think what people really want is a Boolean standardization of JSON.

Perl has no type in the language specification, however it is useful to
have a flag that it is currently a Boolean value.

true and false are functions to create bool value, not bool type.

I think weird edge cases will appear, however I think it's possible to
reduce them.