Re: Robin Hood Hashing for the perl core

From:
Sergey Aleynikov
Date:
Re: Robin Hood Hashing for the perl core
Message ID:
CAKNj8S11fXuBr6Thm0goLtK6XsGUd3d1+p+hWgjDmoQx0No=Nw@mail.gmail.com
вт, 3 авг. 2021 г. в 17:28, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>:

>HvARRAY can't be replaced or emulated. I think that 14 distros use it:

You've missed XS::Framework and everything that depends on it. Maybe
you've searched only in .xs files? You should add at least .h, but on
a full grep I see more - for example threads:tbb in .cc for a total of
24 distributions.

For our (mine/syber) modules, HvARRAY usage is to avoid
tiedness/boundary checks for internal hashes that we iterate over, so
if a replacement API does them - it's useless for this particular
purpose. We don't mind adopting our code for new internals, they just
shouldn't be "too closed" behind static functions.

Best regards,
Sergey Aleynikov