Re: Pre-RFC: Real "boolean" SV type

From:
Ovid via perl5-porters
Date:
Re: Pre-RFC: Real "boolean" SV type
Message ID:
668974824.1678953.1628144886124@mail.yahoo.com
Very much support this idea.
One question, how would it handle this annoyance?

#!/usr/bin/env perl
use strict;use warnings;
my @list    = map { rand(50) } 1 .. 10;my $matches = 0;for (@list) {  $matches += $_ > 25; # ???}print "Matches = $matches\n";

Yes, that's an abuse, but it's the kind of crud we see in the wild (and it doesn't throw any warnings);
Best,Ovid-- IT consulting, training, specializing in Perl, databases, and agile developmenthttp://www.allaroundtheworld.fr/.
Buy my book! - http://bit.ly/beginning_perl