Re: Robin Hood Hashing for the perl core

From:
hv
Date:
Re: Robin Hood Hashing for the perl core
Message ID:
202108041358.174DwZP21261@crypt.org
Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
:Maybe my eyes glazed over at the important bit, but I didn't see anything
:explaining what the RHH does when there's a collision (i.e. the equivalent
:of having more than one entry in the HE linked list in the old way).

The crux of it is described by an example in
  https://github.com/MoarVM/MoarVM/blob/master/src/core/str_hash_table.h
starting around line 319 (using the top 4 bits of the ascii value as the
hash key, and optionally the bottom 4 as the "extra" bits).

Hugo