Re: Robin Hood Hashing for the perl core

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
Re: Robin Hood Hashing for the perl core
Message ID:
20210803154358.50f34440@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 14:27:42 +0000
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:

> I think we can patch them all. Several are just truth tests - I
> propose a new macro HvIS_EMPTY(hv) to replace them, which we also add
> to ppport.h

Regardless of anything else propsed, that sounds like a good first
step - and can probably bring some useful benefits independently of any
changes to actual hashing structure if it helps decouple modules from
core decisions.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans