Re: Robin Hood Hashing for the perl core

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
Re: Robin Hood Hashing for the perl core
Message ID:
20210803143135.GH11066@etla.org
On Tue, Aug 03, 2021 at 02:27:42PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> (it's definitely a Proof Of Concept. The code is a mess of 3 styles.
> Some dump.c functionality and a few regression tests are disabled.
> keys %hash = $value; is not implemented yet. ithreads cloning doesn't
> clone the hash iterator. The commit messages could be better.

and I disabled the non-recursive freeing of hashes in sv_clear, and didn't
write new code to replace it.

> Apart from that it works. At least on Linux, AIX and HP/UX)

And dromedary.p5h.org, which has a gcc/glibc combination that is old
enough to be annoying. Which is a useful test.

Nicholas Clark