installhtml cannot locate anchorify and relativize_url helperfunctions

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
July 24, 2021 14:20
Subject:
installhtml cannot locate anchorify and relativize_url helperfunctions
Message ID:
5bcfa7c5-e461-501e-36ab-b0b1b79edd8a@pobox.com
On 7/23/21 11:24 PM, sisyphus wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 9:18 AM Ricardo Signes
> <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org <mailto:perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org>> wrote:
>

>     I have installed it, installed all my usual CPAN stuff, it all
>     worked (module one known bug
>     <https://github.com/Test-More/Test2-Harness/issues/228> in
>     Test2::Harness), and now this is my day to day perl!  Thanks!
>

> For me, on Windows 7, 'gmake install' fails with:
>
> ..\perl.exe -I..\lib ..\installhtml --podroot=.. --htmldir=.\html \
>      --podpath=pod:lib:utils --htmlroot="file://C|\perl-5.35.2-1110\html"\
>      --recurse
> "anchorify" is not exported by the Pod::Html module
> "relativize_url" is not exported by the Pod::Html module
> Can't continue after import errors at ..\installhtml line 11.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ..\installhtml line 11.
> make: *** [GNUmakefile:1736: doc] Error 255
>
> Sure enough, the installhtml script specifies:
> use Pod::Html 1.23 qw(anchorify relativize_url);
>
> However, version 1.31 of Pod/Html.pm (which is the version of Pod::Html
> that ships with 5.35.2) exports neither "anchorify" nor "relativize_url"
> Am I the only person experiencing this issue ?
>
> It seems to me that installhtml needs to be rewritten to accommodate the
> significant alterations that have been made to Html.pm since the
> perl-5.35.1 release.

You have inadvertently demononstrated the *only* reason why Pod-Html
(still) needs to be part of the core distribution -- the fact that it is
used by 'installhtml'.  Which, I believe, is *only* used as part of a
Windows installation.

Can you please try out https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/19000?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan