Re: idea: everything-slices

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
June 23, 2021 11:24
Re: idea: everything-slices
Message ID:
20210623112431.GR11066@etla.org
On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 09:53:27PM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> Porters,
>
> I feel confident that this should be an RFC, but our process says "post to p5p before writing up an RFC," and "write something less format" sounds great.  So:

"Less formal"?

The discussion all seemed be around "this is a good idea, but how should the
syntax work?", not "this don't seem to be worth it", so that implies

                            Exploratory RFC
                "we think this idea is worth exploring"
                (Help us figure out how this will work)

yes, please write an RFC.

I was assuming that you get the next available number in the repository at
the point when README.md is updated with your RFC's title.

(which I assume is going to be something more like
"everything slices for arrays and hashes" than "everything-slices")

Nicholas Clark