Re: Prospective RFC-002 - Interpolate NVs to Decimal StringsCorrectly and Concisely

From:
sisyphus
Date:
June 21, 2021 05:10
Re: Prospective RFC-002 - Interpolate NVs to Decimal StringsCorrectly and Concisely
Message ID:
CADZSBj1kfd7K9REXhyOUJhx5rtaH7EcNci0RbngtQ=aM8xCE9w@mail.gmail.com
Hi Paul, Felipe,
Thanks for the feedback - it is much appreciated.

I made that post as a result of this post from Nicholas Clark (on June 10):
https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2021/06/msg260408.html

I think we're all agreed that I'm not making a feature request.

Because this "fix" has such a noticeable effect on perl5's behaviour, I was
expecting that it might not be addressed until perl7.
Though it's fine by me if it happens earlier.
I just want to do what I can to encourage the fixing of it.
It's something that should be fixed, and something that should, in the
interim, be on the TODO list.

Anyway ... I guess wait and see if Nicholas has any views on "where to from
here".

Cheers,
Rob