Re: This is not an RFC to bring modern OO into the Perl core

From:
Philip R Brenan
Date:
June 21, 2021 04:37
Re: This is not an RFC to bring modern OO into the Perl core
Message ID:
CALhwFRnpchrdx9xLrfbCX6TGcZETyGWuKF_MWSk4jDW09G_-eQ@mail.gmail.com
As long as 10 years? From Wikipedia:

Alan Kay is one of the fathers of the idea of object-oriented programming
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-oriented_programming> (OOP), which he
named. Some of the original object-oriented concepts, including the use of
the words 'object' and 'class', had been developed for Simula
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simula> *67* at the Norwegian Computing
Center <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Computing_Center>. Later he
said:

I'm sorry that I long ago coined the term "objects" for this topic because
it gets many people to focus on the *lesser* idea. The big idea is
"messaging"