Re: This is not an RFC to bring modern OO into the Perl core

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
June 21, 2021 02:05
Re: This is not an RFC to bring modern OO into the Perl core
Message ID:
ba71f12d-01ae-49ef-a001-99d1817351e7@beta.fastmail.com
On Sat, Jun 19, 2021, at 8:44 AM, Ovid via perl5-porters wrote:
> [ I have a cool idea. ]

Ovid,

I would definitely like for Perl to provide many improved OO features, and while I bet you and I could debate the fine points of many small details, let's do that later.

In general, I want to say that this is welcome.  What I'm most keen to get a handle on is "where it all gets shoved in".  That is:  I can imagine that this is "perl5.git gets oo.c which handles all this" or "we need to add three new parser hooks and a new kind of SV" or "this will all run on top of the existing core, but I want it to ship with perl."

Can you (or Paul) give even a rough idea of where you think this will fall?  It will help set my level of circumspection later. ;)

--
rjbs