Re: This is not an RFC to bring modern OO into the Perl core

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
June 21, 2021 02:00
Re: This is not an RFC to bring modern OO into the Perl core
Message ID:
37355771-7176-4c5a-89cc-79663b609a1e@beta.fastmail.com
On Sun, Jun 20, 2021, at 10:56 AM, mah.kitteh via perl5-porters wrote:
> +5 Insightful. Thank you, Chris. I was neither annoyed, nor offended. I also read it all (lest I get accused of not reading or thinking, which happens quite often).
>
> FWIW, I have not done much thinking about what an object system looks, mnuch less in in perl.

"How to improve the state of OO affordances in Perl" is a topic that some people on this list have spent 10 or more years thinking about, including the changes required to the language and implementation.  Suggesting, based on "not much thinking" that we consider digging deeper, is not done from a place of wisdom.

--
rjbs