Re: Not an OO RFC, take 2

From:
Darren Duncan
Date:
June 20, 2021 19:20
Re: Not an OO RFC, take 2
Message ID:
586d4335-d4ce-5bb9-c4d8-f7135759f145@darrenduncan.net
On 2021-06-20 8:17 a.m., mah.kitteh via perl5-porters wrote:
> I'd rather see a series of RFCs that
> introduce fundamental core capabilities that will come together to provide this
> "effective" OOP in Perl, rather than a kitchen sink take-it/leave-it approach.

That is ALREADY what is happening.

Corinna v1 is the first small chunk.  It may have several parts but those parts
are a holistic collection.

Lots of things that could have been included are formally being left to later
for Corinna v2 etc, such as support for types.

You are suggesting that the already very minimal Corinna v1 proposal can be
split up into independent parts.

It is possible that it could be reduced a bit more but I feel at this point it
is already minimal and stripping it much more won't do anyone any good, that a
lot of the remaining aspects don't make sense except as a part of the whole.

-- Darren Duncan