Perl 5.35.1 released

From:
Max Maischein
Date:
June 20, 2021 12:50
Subject:
Perl 5.35.1 released
Message ID:
f00f5c05-a454-e2ee-7df8-7b8f20cb3ea4@corion.net
His first marriage ended. A new relationship with an old friend
straightened him out. “I realized that I can't live like I was and be
with Naomi,” he said. “I wanted to become a better man for her. At
first. Then it was for myself too.” He started seeing a therapist. There
were limits: He told her he wasn't interested in exploring the part of
him that wanted to do stunts. “I know that needs looking at,” he said.
“But I didn't want to break the machine.”

It wasn't just about jeopardizing his livelihood, he explained. Doing
stunts “was exciting. It's something that I did with my friends. And I
was decent at it.” It wasn't so much about the stunts themselves, which
were terrifying, as about how completing them made him feel. He loved,
he said, “the exhilaration and relief, once you get on the other side of
the stunt. Or when you come to. You wake up, you're like, ‘Oh, was that
good?’ And they're like, ‘That was great.’ You got a good bit when
there's seven people standing over you, snapping their fingers.” When we
spoke, he still hadn't broached the topic in therapy. “I'll talk about
it eventually,” he said. “It's not something I need to know this second.”

    Sam Schube - Johnny Knoxvilles Last Rodeo
	https://www.gq.com/story/johnny-knoxvilles-last-rodeo

We are happy to announce version 5.35.1,
the 2nd development release of version 5.35 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.35.1 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/CORION/perl-5.35.1/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

8d897df7c21aab2e32ce5036bff8f0ce544f8681  perl-5.35.1.tar.gz
eabfaa8d3cfed79e636b1a514833d2a4e1e31aba  perl-5.35.1.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/CORION/perl-5.35.1/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.35.1 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.35.0 and contains approximately 57,000 lines of changes across 410
files from 28 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 53,000 lines of changes to 220 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.35.1:

Alyssa Ross, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Dan Book, Dan Jacobson, Dave
Cross, Dave Lambley, E. Choroba, Felipe Gasper, H.Merijn Brand, Hugo van
der Sanden, James E Keenan, Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Leon
Timmermans, Matthew Horsfall, Max Maischein, Michael G Schwern, Nicholas
Clark, Paul Evans, Ricardo Signes, Richard Leach, Scott Baker, Thibault
Duponchelle, Todd Rinaldo, Tomasz Konojacki, Tomoyuki Sadahiro, Tony
Cook, Михаил Козачков.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.35.2 on 20th of June 2021.
The next major stable release of Perl should appear in the first half of
2022.

Greetings
Max Maischein