RE: Bug reports from WinXP?

From:
=?utf-8?Q?Wolf-Dietrich_Moeller_=28M=C3=BCnchen=29?=
Date:
June 19, 2021 21:00
RE: Bug reports from WinXP?
Message ID:
000001d7654e$04c23590$0e46a0b0$@de
On June 18, 2021 15:55, gregor herrmann wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 09:18:04 +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
>,
>> and then use those account credentials on the XP machine to log in?
>> (It's not clear whether GitHub forbids login on any XP browser. I can't test
>> this, and I guess you can't either, as you don't have an account (yet))

> When I access GitHub on Windows XP with Firefox ESR 52.9.0 (32-bit)
> the website greets me with "GitHub no longer supports this web
> browser. Learn more about the browsers we support." .......

I tried the above and ...:
A friend of mine created an account for me from his machine. Then I confirmed email and device from my machine, with the Firefox 52.9.0 ESR (32bit) (same version as gregor, as this is the last ESR version for XP).
Signing in also works, and after going to perl5 pages, I could open issues (i.e. submit bug reports). I did not yet try comments, but hopefully that will work also.

Thus many thanks to all who gave me hints and support
Wolf

PS. And a note on the warnings on WinXP. I fully agree with such warnings, and based on many years experience in IT security R&D I can add: You must clearly know what to do (and what not to do) when using SW after EOL.