Re: RFC 0004 - defer {} syntax

From:
Yuki Kimoto
Date:
June 16, 2021 23:57
Re: RFC 0004 - defer {} syntax
Message ID:
CAExogxNBh07SCSe4tbf6syfFvMkOofqX2TpCsDvP3ExPKMACiQ@mail.gmail.com
2021-6-17 7:16 Paul "LeoNerd" Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> wrote:

> Here's an RFC formalization of my currently-open github feature issue:
>
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/17949

Personally, I think defer block syntax is difficult to implement.

Especially the relation of

1. GC
2. Destructor

The relation of GG and block of Current Perl is simple. an object is
released at the end of the block if the object  reference count is 0.

defer syntax maybe add complex things of this relation.

This feature seems to be planned for the finally block of try catch syntax.

Are there other strong benefits?