Re: please use the RFC process instead of "feature reqest" PRs

From:
Dan Book
Date:
June 16, 2021 15:46
Re: please use the RFC process instead of "feature reqest" PRs
Message ID:
CABMkAVXwckgioOYxe5qNC0of-g44_3wrFj9HHHcW3iPFDUCLcw@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 4:45 AM Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:

> The PSC thinks that the RFC process looks to be heading in a useful
> direction.
>
> We are now asking people to stop using GitHub issues to submit "feature
> requests". Instead, please write a mail to p5p summarising your idea.

I've previously done both at once (cross-linked), to initiate a discussion
while also providing a record in the issue tracker that can be easily
referenced. I fear that without the GitHub issue component, several would
now be only visible by digging through list archives (like many other such
past discussions). But I understand the desire of a more consistent RFC
process.

-Dan