Re: RFC - Issue a warning "-np better written as -p"

From:
Dan Book
Date:
June 16, 2021 15:37
Re: RFC - Issue a warning "-np better written as -p"
Message ID:
CABMkAVWxQYKqnhrOZad4GN-iDtYGaNRNBqMQnOMOuREoBU=U3g@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 4:51 AM Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:

> https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/18641 becomes our next test RFC.

I don't think it's particularly useful to warn about this. Nothing is
broken or potentially broken by specifying unnecessary switches. I would
suggest it could become an optional warning if and when we add support for
that, but this would only come up for oneliners which are not likely to go
to the effort of enabling optional warnings of any sort.

-Dan