Re: please use the RFC process instead of "feature reqest" PRs

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
June 16, 2021 14:57
Re: please use the RFC process instead of "feature reqest" PRs
Message ID:
20210616145707.GB16703@etla.org
On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 11:06:48AM +0100, Paul "LeoNerd" Evans wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 08:44:44 +0000
> Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
>
> > The PSC thinks that the RFC process looks to be heading in a useful
> > direction.
> >
> > We are now asking people to stop using GitHub issues to submit
> > "feature requests". Instead, please write a mail to p5p summarising
> > your idea.
>
> I think I have about five "feature request" issues currently open on
> GitHub. Should I migrate them into being draft RFC emails here?

Can we answer that after the PSC meeting on Friday? I suspect that a good
answer also needs us to answer

1) Direct access to the RFC repository?
2) How is the RFC process bootstrap going to continue once I'm no longer
   on the PSC?

Yes, I'm on "PSC minutes" this week, hence the full minutes might not
arrive until Monday-ish. But I'd hope to reply properly this question by
early Saturday morning at the latest. (depends if I run away from the
computer the second that the PSC call completes)

Nicholas Clark