Re: "platforms" and "support"

From:
Yuki Kimoto
Date:
June 15, 2021 23:40
Re: "platforms" and "support"
Message ID:
CAExogxOiid2JHqAeUob9SH83XLsKzBnwkwS_1mzaZFhkJkOddQ@mail.gmail.com
2021-6-16 4:44 Neil Bowers <neilb@neilb.org> wrote:

> *Why is this useful?*
>
> End users might want to know how reliable Perl is on their platform. If
> they run `perl -v` and it tells them "this is a tier 2 configuration", then
> we can refer to a doc that explains what that means, and explains the
> implications in terms of potential reliability.

Thank you. I understand something this document achieves.

I understand something this document achieves.

End users can see that the Perl support level of your environment is Tier
1, 2, 3, or 4.

I have a suggestion here.

Is it possible to change the term "Tier" in an easy-to-understand term? For
example, "Support Level"

And is it possible to change the term "Battle Tested" in an
easy-to-understand term? For example, "Widely Tested"

I'm not English native. I don't know if that word is good.

The words "Tier" and "Battle Tested" are difficult to understand for me.