Re: RFC: Multiple-alias syntax for for

From:
hv
Date:
June 11, 2021 12:32
Re: RFC: Multiple-alias syntax for for
Message ID:
202106111159.15BBxSP06929@crypt.org
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
:On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 01:54:22PM +0100, hv@crypt.org wrote:
:> More generally, I think we should be slow to use "rejected" in this
:> context: as part of the record of an RFC process, that at least
:> somewhat implies "rejected for ever" - we're never going to want this
:> in the language. Certainly it sounds stronger than "I've chosen not
:> to put that in the first implementation".
:
:Yes. Does splitting things between "Future Scope" and "Rejected Ideas"
:cover this? Or do need different names for "NO WAI!!" and "Out of Scope"?

I think the former is fine; the process documentation should try to make
clear how complete or permanent the rejection is.

Hugo