Re: Creating an RFC process for Perl

From:
sisyphus
Date:
June 10, 2021 02:08
Re: Creating an RFC process for Perl
Message ID:
CADZSBj0HhUHHTfgKryTbvPhbt3bi8gG_m3SCZ+9MZ_JRYV76ig@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 10:10 PM Neil Bowers <neilb@neilb.org> wrote:

Two points:

>    1. Just because you can’t implement something, doesn’t mean you
>    shouldn’t suggest it. We expect lots of ideas to come from people who are
>    using Perl every day, regardless of whether they can hack on the core. But
>    even if an idea is universally liked, it still needs someone to implement
>    it, and we don’t have too many of those.
>    2. The first step is to post your idea to p5p, and only move to an RFC
>    if it survives any discussion there.
>
> Nicholas has recently provided a Ryu implementation - see
https://github.com/MoarVM/MoarVM/pull/1472 .
IIUC, this will be included in Raku, following review.
(That's sort of why I addressed my post to Nicholas - but knowing quite
well that others would feel welcome to make a comment, as they should.)

I'll prepare and submit a case to p5p, as per your second point ... and see
where that leads.

Thanks Neil !

Cheers,
Rob