Re: Creating an RFC process for Perl

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
June 9, 2021 12:11
Re: Creating an RFC process for Perl
Message ID:
c1bcee38-45dc-42eb-ac29-f367cd09f3bd@Spark
Hi Rob,
> Given that I probably won't ever be in a position to provide a PR that implements this, should I therefore refrain from making such an RFC ?

Two points:

1. Just because you can’t implement something, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t suggest it. We expect lots of ideas to come from people who are using Perl every day, regardless of whether they can hack on the core. But even if an idea is universally liked, it still needs someone to implement it, and we don’t have too many of those.
2. The first step is to post your idea to p5p, and only move to an RFC if it survives any discussion there.

Neil