Re: use v5.36; use warnings;

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
June 3, 2021 13:00
Re: use v5.36; use warnings;
Message ID:
20210603124124.GB15991@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Sat, May 29, 2021 at 10:11:34AM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:

> In other words, "use vX" turns on strict if X is at least 5.12.0, unless it was preceded by "no strict".
>
> 3?????? I am proposing that putting "use v5.36.0" (or later) in your program will *also* enable warnings
>
> ???and then the question is: will "use v5.36.0" have the same quirk of not turning on warnings if it was preceded by "no warnings"?

I'd prefer "use vX" to *ignore* the current strictness/warningness and
always turn 'em on, but I realise it's too late to change now.

So I would suggest that if we're going to have confusing behaviour - ie
"use vX" sometimes turns something on, sometimes not - then we should
have *consistent* confusing behaviour.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

     If you can't imagine how I do something, it's
     because I have a better imagination than you