Re: opsig feature...

From:
L A Walsh
Date:
June 1, 2021 02:30
Re: opsig feature...
Message ID:
60B59B41.1010503@tlinx.org
On 2021/05/24 10:08, Aaron Priven wrote:
> I agree that sigil-less perl wouldn’t be perl and it wouldn’t make sense to make that a feature of the language.

----
    Side note: the base note did NOT propose a sigil-less perl.
    Since any requirement that sigils not be used would prevent
    existing perl programs from being used.

I would probably question my understanding before responding to such
a proposal.

However, regarding the Ratfor model (a full C++ 1.0 compiler that
produced Fortran code), I don't think it would be doable in
Perl, since perl doesn't have separate compile & execution
phases.  An Opsig perl would need to have all the information
determined at compile also available at runtime.