use v5.36; use warnings;

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 28, 2021 22:54
Subject:
use v5.36; use warnings;
Message ID:
d5820758-c302-4523-bff2-2d5b5e713716@beta.fastmail.com
Porters,

Here's an almost simple one:

I propose that `use v5.36` turns on, in addition to strictures and the feature bundle, warnings.  Specifically, behaves the same as "use warnings".

I'm torn on whether I think it should behave like the "use vX" behavior of strict, whereby "no strict; use v5.30" does NOT enable strictures.  Probably, just for the sake of reducing the number of exceptions -- but if we fold more things into use vX, we need to decide if they all need to be tracked this way.

--
rjbs