Re: Two further features, one definitely needed for survival,otherlikely needed.

From:
Aaron Priven
Date:
May 24, 2021 17:08
Re: Two further features, one definitely needed for survival,otherlikely needed.
Message ID:
E72443BD-58AB-4023-8094-90FF3CD31D8D@priven.com
I agree that sigil-less perl wouldn’t be perl and it wouldn’t make sense to make that a feature of the language.

But rather than just saying “no,” perhaps people interested in creating a perl-esque language (with CPAN compatibility) could be encouraged to write preprocessors for perl, on the model of RATFOR, that would convert their preferred language into perl for execution.

In idle moments I’ve occurred what such a perl-esque language might look like. But that’s not a topic for this list.

--
Aaron Priven, aaron@priven.com, www.priven.com/aaron